Friday, February 01, 2008

Decentcuts

I was just flipping through the Life section of USA Today (worst newspaper ever, but free from the building owners where I work, so why not?), and saw a huge add for Supercuts. This reminded me of the time I went to Supercuts. Yes, I have gotten a haircut at Supercuts. When home in Maine, I like to go to Acapello, which is an upgrade from Supercuts, but not by much. In fact Acapello is probably the pinnacle of my recent hair salon history. I have also been to several different Jean-Louis Davids throughout New York City, though I think the one on Lexington and 60th is the best (probably because of its proximity to Bloomingdales). Once in Vermont I went to some godforsaken hole-in-the-wall on the bottom floor of the Burlington mall where they dyed my hair orange with white stripes. I even once went to my dad's Barber which we can file away as one of my Worst Ideas Ever (others include shaving my eyebrow to see how a razor works) because I walked out of that appointment looking like Victoria Beckham's bob gone bad. My hair was completely lopsided, and even one of my friends, one of the nicest ones I have who doesn't say a mean thing about anyone looked at my hair and said, "Oh, Annie, it is a little uneven!"

My affinity for cheap haircuts might come as a shock to some, but when I was in college and stopped paying outrageous amounts to have my hair perfectly highlighted every 6 to 8 weeks, I decided that I would never again spend unnecessary exorbitant amount of money again (or at least until I discovered designer blue jeans). And you know what? So far, it's worked out for me. The hair looks good, it's dye free, it's even (I think), and best of all--I don't have to spend a lot of money. I would say that Supercuts is a pretty decent place to get a quick trim.

Congratulations Supercuts, you've received my highly coveted endorsement!

No comments: