Tuesday, April 01, 2008

New Discovery: PB & J Snack Packs!

I just ducked out of the office for a rare lunchtime journey to the Trader Joes on Santa Monica Blvd. and La Cienga. Not only did I take care of my grocery shopping for the week, but I happened upon what I can only describe as the most precious snack pack EVER. A few weeks ago a friend of mine mentioned something about snack packs at Whole Foods but I never really it gave it much thought. Well lo and behold, there on the top shelf of the prepared foods section was the PB & J snack pack, including the following items, fitting just so in a nicely packaged baggie: one mini water bottle, a string cheese, some apple slices, a packet of chocolate graham cookies, and a delicious half of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Mmmm. I was nervous it wouldn't fill me up but I was pleasantly surprised--it did! (Are you pleasantly surprised to hear about my satiating lunch?) Anyways, for just $3.99 I enjoyed this meal and am feeling quite pleased with myself.

Trader Joes you are the best! Even though your parking lot is almost always a level of hell, I never seem to spend more than $50 yet always leave with a myriad of goodies I didn't even intend on purchasing. Such a delight!

No comments: