Thursday, May 01, 2008

Fan Mail

One of the perks of my job is reading letters from crazy fans. Best part is that none of our clients are actors, so these people are extra crazy, or they are crazy wannabe actors. A great fan query letter arrived today which I feel I just have to share. You really can't make this stuff up. I recommend asking someone to do a dramatic reading of the letter, perhaps with an accent...

(All names have been removed or changed to protect our client and the crazies).

Hello! My name is Muki. I am 21 years old and Japanese. I was born in Chiba, which is a neighboring city of Tokyo. I have a father, mother, an older brother, a younger sister, and a dog called "Koro" in Japan. The dog's name has no meaning. I have been living in the United States for one year. I am going to Glendale College. Before I came to the United States, I studied in London for one year.

I like to draw, so my major is Art and Design. I have never ever got a grade lower than "A" in Art!

I like to sing. I love to go to Karaoke. I am not a wonderful singer like Whitney Houston but I am pretty good at singing. I like to dance. I was in a dance group when I was in high school. I also like to watch films. My brother has over 300 DVDs so I often borrowed. I like romantic and fantasy movies because I am a woman!

I am writing this letter because I would like to be in your film. If you need a Japanese extra, I really would like to be one!

I understand what I am doing is silly. I am sorry I have bothered your time, but thank you so much for reading my letter.

Muki


Three photos of Muki were included in the note, including one of her doing karaoke, one in a kimono, and one at the Glendale Mall.

Perfection.

No comments: