Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Iron Man + The Hulk = BADASS

Has anyone not seen Iron Man yet? And if you said yes, drop what you are doing and go watch it (you are also one of maybe 5 people who hasn't seen it so, uh, what's wrong with you?)Iron Man is without a doubt, a fantastic movie, and my favorite movie so far this summer. (Is it summer yet? What officially determines summer? Is there a summer animal akin to a groundhog or something? And no I haven't yet seen Sex and the City and I am okay with that.)

It should come as no surprise that I love comic book movies. Not so much actual comic books (I find them difficult to read--they seem to lack logical order) but I adore the movies. From Batman to X-Men (all three), and yes, even Daredevil, I've seen the majority of comic book movies that have been released in the past 20 years. This summer, we've got two more to look forward to: The Hulk and the next Batman installment, The Dark Knight. I saw previews for both, and both look great. I am especially interested in The Hulk, if not for the mere fact that it looks like it will be a lot better than Ang Lee's 2003 attempt, but for the Robert Downey Jr. aka Tony Stark aka Iron Man cameo. What else do I love besides comic book movies? Crossovers. That's a geek dream come true.

No comments: