Tuesday, December 30, 2008

If you're in the mood for a good cry...

I just saw Marley & Me. Holy shit did that movie make me cry. Seriously. By the end of it I thought I had put my own dog to sleep (spoiler alert: the dog gets old, and does what dogs do--die). Ugh.

It's funny because besides walking away thinking that despite the sadness (I mean I don't know if I have cried that hard since The Notebook... no, Up Close & Personal... no, TITANIC), I walked away from that movie feeling envious of John Grogan, and wistful for the pre-internet media days, when column writers were huge, could find an audience, and write a book. Nowadays, it's both a blessing and a curse that we have access to such varied and immediate forms of media and information sharing (aka the interwebs). For example, I really do enjoy writing every day, and have found this blog is the best way to keep me on track--it's my own personal, daily column, in a sense, but it's a shame that I am just now discovering my interest in this style of writing, especially when it's starting to become a bit passé, or at least as print media passes away all together.

Man I also walked away from that movie wanting a puppy. And maybe a baby. Shit I should play some video games for a while and I'll forget about these instincts for cuddly creatures...

No comments: