Wednesday, January 14, 2009

LA Story

So I am finishing up the final training sessions with my trainer over the next month. Going to attempt to do it own my own (maybe pilates classes? more yoga? more running?) for a bit after that. However, until then, it's still early morning workouts for me. This morning, however I was SO not into it. I showed up at the gym, my eyes half open, unable to discern left from right, much less remember my own name. At one point I just turned to my trainer and asked, "do you just want to go for a run?" It turned out to be the best idea ever and we went for a 50 minute run on the beach, past the Santa Monica Pier and well into Venice. It was beautiful. So what it comes down to I think, is that I am really just paying someone else for the commitment to get up a little earlier in the morning. Totally worth it though. Especially on a clear Southern California day, because just after sunrise the beach is stunning.

I can't deny that the weather here makes for a fabulous lifestyle. Even though I am amidst another serious work-related existential crisis (WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE!?!) thank God for the beautiful weather and scenery--it helps to provide a perfect peace of mind.

No comments: