Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ode to Mickey Fine

For those of you who don't reside in the LA area, let me tell you about a lovely place called Mickey Fine. Mickey Fine is a "pharmacy" or "drug store." I like to think of it as a place where dreams come true.

Earlier today I was craving some sort of delicious cheese item so I popped downstairs to Mickey Fine. Unfortuantely their best offer was Hot & Spicy Cheez-Its but that was okay because just a walk into the neighboring building and I was at the mothership of Mickey Fines, where I had a vast selection of cheese items to choose from.

But when you stop into a Mickey Fine you can't just buy one thing. Certainly not. I mean there are just so many things to explore!

For example, today's outing produced the following items:

1 package of Cheddar Goldfish
1 can Canada Dry Ginger Ale
1 packet pistachios
1 can Santa Cruz Organic Lemonade
1 bottle Perrier
2 Andes mints
1 Lindt Truffle

(I know what you are thinking and yes, due to so many liquids it is likely I will have to pee every twenty minutes).

Just the other day I bought deodorant and hot tamales.

And one day I bought a hair clip.

And another day I bought Zicam, Burt's Bees Honey Chapstick, and a bottle of Smart Water.

Also available are magazines, note cards, office supplies, stuffed animals of various sizes and species, hair accessories, sandwhiches, diet drinks, gum, postage stamps, etc.

Okay I had a lot more I wanted to say about Mickey Fine but I have to go pee already.

No comments: