Friday, January 16, 2009

Orinthophobia

Damn you, you suicidal goose who decided to veer off into the fiery warm right engine of a US Airways jet. Thanks to your kamikaze tendencies, I now have an irrational fear of birds--known in the science circles as ORINTHOPHOBIA. You know I used to love birds. Yeah, I did. When I lived on that farm for 6 months I took orinthology IN FACT. (We actually called just called it BIRDS.) By the end I was able to identify a whole crapload of birds by their calls and plumage. I also became quite skilled in imitating bird calls. (If I knew how to record myself doing some and if I knew how to post it here then I would. Lucky for you, I DON'T.) Anyway, I am going to begin tracking bird migration patterns before any flights.

You know I do love how every news station is going to town with the IRONY of the story, for example, when I was watching CNN last night they were just MARVELING! "How ironic that the very thing upon which an airplane is modeled ultimately resulted in its downfall!" OH SWEET IRONY!

No comments: