Friday, July 10, 2009

bringing STAMOS to the workplace

It's taking a lot of self control right now to NOT send out the following email to my ENTIRE COMPANY:

Dear Colleagues,

From hence forth I shall be STAMOS.

Regards,
Stamos

I mean I was thinking the other day, why is it that people at work don't call me Stamos? The majority of my friends do. Hell, even DiTonto's parents call me Stamos! My cubemate (side note: need a better term to express the dude who sits next to me) calls me Stamos, but with a long A... you know like the Spanish Stamos. Which is funny. But not the STAMOS I think of. But it works.

Although there are a fair amount of people who just call me by my last name, which apparently is one of those last names that begs for last-name calling. I dig it.

Interestingly, the only people I am okay with calling me Ann are some of my friends from Maine, the ones who I've known forever. For some reason, when they call me Ann it doesn't bother me like it would if someone else did... but I prefer Annie... okay, I prefer STAMOS.

And don't you forget it.

No comments: