Monday, July 20, 2009

Yellow is the color du jour

Today I am wearing a bright yellow dress. While this doesn't really stray from my regular bright colored attire, I've quickly discovered that dressing in a cheery hue on a Monday can make your whole day better, almost immediately. Sure it helps that bright yellow accentuates my tan, but the days that I actually put some effort into what I am wearing remind me that getting your shit together can impact a lot. As in, I feel like I am putting out good vibes into the universe or something. Maybe not... maybe I'm just feeling all loopy and day-dreamy because I got too much sun this weekend, or because I've been listening to a lot of great new music (check out the new jam I embedded in the "Right Now" box to the right), or because I saw a really great movie last night (everyone should go check out 500 Days of Summer, it rocks). Or maybe it's just that things are holding promise right now. Or maybe it's because my dad and stepmom are back in the country after a week in South America--and even though they are still three thousand miles away, it's comforting to know they're a little bit closer.

Also, we might be getting a dog. I'm sure you're thinking "yeah, just what Stamos and her crazy roommates need, a dog to take care of." But we are going about it the responsible way, trying to be smart about it...

That's all for now. More later.

No comments: