Wednesday, December 23, 2009

That's So Maine

I'm on vacation. Could you tell?

I'm currently in Maine, enjoying a life without cable TV, or at the moment, hot water (seriously). It's really nice to get out of the LA bubble, and even nicer to be back in a small town, get down to your roots and whatnot.

You read that correctly, by the way - I do not have cable TV or hot water.

Fortunately the plumber is coming this afternoon to deal with the hot water issue, which is a good thing. Last night I attempted to take a cold shower, which really just felt like I was taking an ice pick to my brain.

Also, I slept for 11 hours last night. I can't even remember the last time that happened... vacation really is a beautiful thing.

Happy Holidays by the way... new posts to come next week when I am back in LA, including a best of the blog roundup and my new years resolutions, one of which is blogging more regularly (both here and for HuffPo). And again to "be professional" which hasn't worked out too well for me thus far. But hey, I'm still gainfully employed, so that's something, right?

This probably won't be my last post of 2009, but some things to look forward to in 2010 include:
  • A fun crowdsourcing article-writing experiment
  • I'm going to have to throw my hat in the ring with a best of the decade's TV post, (or something along those lines... I'll probably make fun of other people's posts, and then talk about why I love Bones or attempt to convince people that Twitter is THE FUTURE).
  • I'll be starting a new freelancing gig that should bring about some interesting Hollywood stories, or at least some more money in my pocket
  • I might get a hair cut
  • After a few rewrites I'm going to start letting people read my TV pilot
But for now, I'm going to wait for the plumber.

No comments: