Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pilot Season

I wrote a big trend piece on TV pilots that went live on the Huffington Post this morning.

I'm still making my way through a few scripts each night, so maybe the article was premature, but I couldn't help it. When you're struck with an idea, you must write, right? Right!

That being said, I realize the business of "trend forecasting" is a tricky one. I mean, really, what authority do I have to attempt to analyze anything and predict what will stick and what won't? Yes, I did work at a trend forecasting company for a brief stint, and yes, I specifically covered TV trends, but still. Still! It ain't perfect.

Anyway, read the article, share your thoughts, etc etc etc. I plan to cover the pilots as they go through the next big step after casting - actually being shot and viewed.

No comments: