Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Manic Pixie Dream Girl

I vacillate between loving Zooey Deschanel and finding her to be consistently annoying in her quirks. She is the poster child for the "Manic Pixie Dream Girl" (sorry Kirsten Dunst, you've been usurped) which likely explains my inclination to dislike her. She's married to Ben Gibbard, lead singer of Death Cab for Cutie and The Postal Service, which makes them the indie world's golden couple and only adds more reason for the "dislike" argument. But, truth be told, the woman seems damn near impossible to dislike. Watch the newest video (embedded below) for her side music project with M. Ward, the band She & Him. Their new album comes out at the end of the month and this music video is just... adorable. I mean, she's adorable. And I want to say she annoys the hell out of me, but well, she doesn't. She's so cute! And seems fun! And I like the song! DAMMIT. You win Manic Pixie Dream Girl, you win.

No comments: