Monday, March 01, 2010

The Soundtrack I Never Knew I Needed

I'm on a big music kick these days. I think that's because, for starters, I've been doing a lot of reading, and I really like to have good chill music to listen to as I am plowing through pilot scripts. Furthermore, it's just about a month and a half until Coachella, which means I'm getting into concert-mode.

Lately I've been going through my iTunes catalog to listen to the albums I bought over the past year or so but never gave the thorough listen they deserve. One such album is M83's Saturdays = Youth, which I've decided is my version of the 80s soundtrack to my life, I never knew I was lacking until I found it. Seriously. The song "Kim and Jessie" is so epic in it's potential for running over the opening credits of a John Hughes high school drama, that I think I need to write it into some sort of 80s tribute movie.

Here's a sweet vid of the band performing the song live in 2008 on my favorite radio show, "Morning Becomes Eclectic."

No comments: