Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Seriously Lost? You're Breaking My Heart.

I'm not going to attempt to recap last night's episode of Lost, which I shall forever remember as that time a TV show really made me feel emotionally unstable. Instead - I just want to remark on the fact that (SPOILER ALERT) with the deaths of some seriously beloved regular characters, this was the first episode when it really dawned on me that it's real - the show is ending, and it's ending soon.

I'm prepared to suffer more heartbreak as we approach the final hours, but I am not prepared for the aftermath of the series' completion. There will be a Lost-sized hole in my heart, and I doubt that any TV show will ever fill the void. The thing is - I am okay with that. I don't want another Lost, and I hope that the networks stop trying to find one. I just look forward to the next TV show that can spend the next six years blowing my mind.

1 comment:

Jennahp said...

I totally agree...the major characters we lost drove it home. Lost is ending. All are fair game. This is going to be a crazy ride.