Thursday, May 20, 2010

So you want to know about midi-chlorians, hmm?

A co-worker just asked me if I was a "Star Wars person." My response? I laughed. I mean seriously. SERIOUSLY.

YES I AM A STAR WARS PERSON!

I then explained I associated the original trilogy with my childhood and that's why it sits next to my TV and why I watch those films whenever I feel homesick, specifically The Empire Strikes Back which is my favorite and how the score during the Asteroid field scene is maybe one of the best pieces of classical music used for a cinematic purpose ever. And also "never tell me the odds!"

And then I had to explain midi-chlorians to her for a while and then I started talking about Sith lords and at one point had to check my facts because as I said to this co-worker "I may be getting the science jumbled." And then I realized, yet again, I am a nerd.

May the Force be with you.

No comments: