Monday, June 07, 2010

Oh, Mexico

I've been catching up on my pile of New Yorker subscriptions and not too long ago read a fascinating article about Mexico. The digital version of it is here, and I highly suggest reading it.

Essentially, Mexico is fucked. It's tragic really; the country is resembling a failed state, much thanks to the dominance of the drug cartels, government corruption, and a myriad of other problems.

I realize it's rare that I get talking about other topics besides TV or stupid personal anecdotes, but I think it's so important to educate yourself - and when I read something I especially enjoy, I like to share it.

Also - I have a soft spot for Mexico. It's a beautiful country with fascinating history and culture - and I went to summer camp there for six weeks when I was 13. It was a great summer, and I have many fond memories.

No comments: