Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Indiana!

On this day in 1816 Indiana became the 19th U.S. state. Fascinating, no? Well, regarding Indiana--a state I recently drove through during my long journey cross country--I would like to point out a few things. First of all, to get from Cincinnati, Ohio to St. Louis, Missouri, you must drive through Indiana (as well as Kentucky--who knew Ohio was so south?). Second of all, I know nothing about geography because when this took place back in September, I was shocked, and a part of me still is. For some reason, in my mind I had always envisioned Indiana to be a little more northern and a little less filled with wheat fields and giant billboards that proclaim the following:

Billboard 1: If you died today today, where would you spend eternity?
Billboard 2: HELL is real.

These terrifying/amazing billboards are stationed on I-70 in the 19th U.S. state, Indiana. No offense to anyone from Indiana, (come to think of it, I don't think I know anyone from Indiana,) but after seeing that God fearing proclamation I wanted nothing more than to speed on through and get to St. Louis... or the West Coast... as fast as possible!

I'm really glad I moved to Los Angeles, in California, the 31st U.S. state.

No comments: