Sunday, December 16, 2007

All good things must come to an end...

Well, my permanent vacation is over. I somehow seem to have landed a job, and tomorrow is my first day at work. Fortunately, the job comes with a 6 week to 3 month initial trial period, so I guess there is an exit option, but it's nice to know I have some time to settle in (and hopefully not screw anything up too severely to warrant an early departure).

January 9 marks a year since my jaw surgery and a year since this whole lovely convalescence/doing nothing adventure started. It's been a sweet, sweet ride.

But here I am, on the cusp of becoming a working gal... never thought this day would come. It's both incredibly terrifying and exciting.

Fortunately, I am only working three days and then home for the holidays and the office is closed until the 7th... so maybe this dramatic expression of doom is a little early, but nonetheless--I'll miss the days of sleeping until 10, staying in my pj's until noon while I check email and network while watching TV, spending 2 hours at yoga classes in the middle of the day, running on the beach to catch the perfect sunset, and going to bed at midnight for the unnecessary ten hours of sleep. It's been a good run, and I'm certainly lucky to have managed to drag it out for so long.

Here's to the future... paychecks.

No comments: