Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pet Peeves (Part Two of an Endless, Multi-Part Series)

Pet Peeve:
People who walk around with a constant, lingering smell of cigarette smoke. I mean, honestly. I almost think this smell is worse than fresh cigarette smoke. I can't stand walking to a room and my nostrils being bombarded with that awful, stale smell. I don't understand how anyone in their right mind could function with such an odor. It's called a shower. Or perfume. Or deodorant.

Pet Peeve:
People who dress up for the gym. I have witnessed this phenomenon in three places: (1) Europe; (2) The gym at Middlebury College (nowhere else have I seen boys working out in madras shorts or girls with ribbons in their hair while bopping up and down on an elliptical); and (3) Los Angeles. People here really go all out for the gym. A lot of spandex, but even worse--matching spandex. And unfortunately it isn't 80s spandex, which I would actually enjoy, but "I take myself seriously" spandex. Blech.

Pet Peeve:
My hair. Sometimes I want to pull a Britney and shave it off. It's so annoying. It would be a lot easier if I didn't manage to wake up every morning with a fresh rats nest and a few dreadlocks. It's actually impressive how I will go to bed with my hair perfectly straight and wake up in the morning unable to brush even a finger through it. One of life's miracles.

No comments: