Monday, April 28, 2008

Cubicle Life

It's another artificial holiday: National Cubical Day! Oh joy. Per usual, I've got a terrible case of the Mondays, and at the moment feel that on many levels, the following quote from Office Space really sums up how I feel about cubicles, and desk jobs in general:

"Michael, we don't have a lot of time on this earth! We weren't meant to spend it this way. Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements."


Just this morning I was imagining what other careers I could pursue that would allow me to take vacation time whenever I wanted but were also stable and lucrative. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

No comments: