Friday, July 11, 2008

Is it iPhone time yet?

I know you're expecting this post to be about me bragging about my kickass new iPhone and how I was the first person in line after camping out last night and I made so many new great friends who also happen to be serious technology lovers etc etc etc. Well, that's not the case. I did walk by the line into the Apple store around 7:45 am this morning when I was on my way to the gym. Miserable. Seriously, there was no way I was going to tolerate waiting in that line. I am the type of person where if I am in a store and am going to buy some clothes, if there is a line longer that 3 people I will leave. Generally I am quite patient but when you are waiting in an unnecessary line? No thanks, not for me. Also miserable was the poor shmuck who's job it was to pep up the crowd. Another thing I couldn't tolerate at 8 am on a Friday morning.

My plan is to check out the situation later today and see if the hoopla has calmed down any. Otherwise I am going to wait until Monday or Tuesday when all the geeks are satisfied and the lazy iPhone lovers, such as yours truly, can make a quick stop and pick up their new gadget in line-free peace.

No comments: