Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fantasy Football

For the first time ever I have joined a Fantasy Football league. This is both exciting and intimidating because I think I have a very weak grasp on playing fantasy football.

When it comes to sports, for a girl, I would say I am above average with interest/fandom. I've always been one for school spirit and in fact, that was a high ranking criteria when I was doing the dreaded college search my junior and senior years of high school. I played a sport every season, grew up skiing and figure skating, and thanks to my Dad, was raised a rabid Michigan sports fan. Thanks to my geographic location I grew up a massive Boston sports teams fan as well. Today I still hold true to my first loves the Red Sox, the Celtics, the Patriots and the Michigan Wolverines, with a few other teams interspersed.

Now, I think that my sports devotion is going to be not only tested but deepened as I battle the virtual playing field (wow that sounded lame). I guess what I am trying to say, is that beyond the QB and maybe a line backer here and there, I don't have extensive knowledge of many teams or of individual players. So, this should be interesting.

Another thing I am looking forward to about Fantasy Football? Yet one more procrastination tool. All right!

Oh and I am going to my first professional US Soccer game tonight, to see the LA Galaxy duke it out against arch rival Chivas USA (or so the press release says). I wish I were in Europe watching this game, which would probably be a lot more interesting and have a lot more fans. Whatever, it's a sports event and it will be fun! Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo TEAM!

No comments: