Friday, November 14, 2008

"Hey at least it's Friday"

This corporate bullshit is just killing me. Seriously. This morning on the elevator ride up there must have been so many awkward conversations that began and ended with, "Friday." That's all you need to say--Friday, with a little smirk, mabye a sigh to express relief, and then make a comment about the weather. In fact, here's a rundown of my elevator ride this AM.

Me: (Awkward Sigh)
Man in Suit: "Hey at least it's Friday!"
Me: (Unnecessarily loud laughter followed by) "I KNOW!"
(Awkward pause)
Me: "Can you believe how warm it is?"
Suit: "It's incredible."
Me: "It's weird."
(Elevator doors open. THANK GOD THIS IS OVER).

At the moment I am obsessed with wandering aimlessly around the hall and literally just screaming Friday at people. It makes people excited/uncomfortable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, SO TRUE! I think I had the same convo today, actaully:) Except I dont ride an elevator.