Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I love you EW, but...

I often write about my love for Entertainment Weekly (as well as my serious envy for a handful of the staff writers, reporters, and editors) and yes, I often write about Twilight. However, I have to agree with this entertaining TV Addict article that EW needs to cool it on the Twilight covers.

I credit EW for being a major component in my pop culture prowess, as well as the common movitator for me to start watching shows. (Shows I started watching after EW reviews or buzz: Battlestar Galactica, Friday Night Lights, Bones--I've yet to be disappointed). However I will say that I am finding myself less excited about the print magazine these days. I still read it cover to cover whenever it pops up in my mailbox, but considering I obsessively reload EW.com all day long, it's not always the freshest material. Sure, Twilight sells issues, but I want more of the serious behind-the-scenes interviews and introspectives I am used to. Or maybe what they're missing over there is me--yep, again, I feel pretty strongly that I should be on staff there. Just saying.

No comments: