Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

It's Friday the 13th! I love when shit like this happens! I feel inspired to build a fort and then bust out some flashlights and tell my friends ghost stories. Anyone else?

I used to LOVE ghost stories. This should come as no surprise. In fifth grade I remember writing my own story, thinking it to be the most horrific and epic tome of all time. It was, appropriately titled, "Pools of Blood." Yes, as an 11 year old, I wrote a story called POOLS OF BLOOD. And as the title suggests, (and as I recall, shoddy memory and everything,) it was quite gruesome and had something to do with three dudes named Larry, Bill and Sam and a cabin and discovering pools of blood and lots of people dying. I also remember thinking I was seriously badass for composing such a masterpiece. I then went on to write about a lobster in a tidepool and a fisherman/boat tale that was a crappy rip off of The Old Man and The Sea.

In retrospect, I guess I was a strange kid.

No comments: