Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Discovery: Quiznos is Suprisingly Delish

That Taco Bell mention yesterday fueled a lot of fast food conversations with various people, one of whom strongly suggested I try out Quiznos. I have been a longtime fan of Subway and since I was in middle school I've gotten the same sandwich. Want to hear it? I'm going to tell you anyway. It's weird... ready? Okay: Turkey, Pickles and Peppers. That's it. Sometimes provolone. It's heavenly. Seriously. It is!

But anyway, after my tennis classes Tuesday nights I often stop at a Subway on the way home because I am so damn hungry, but after tennis last night I decided to get crazy and mix things up with a trip to Quiznos.

I have to admit, going to a chain restaurant and having never been before makes me nervous. I don't know what to get, what the protocol is, what's good, what's not good, etc. I WAS SCARED. But then I spotted a delicious looking classic sub--the Italian (which I have to point out, is not at all the same as the version of the Italian I grew up loving in Maine, but the more standard version) and sure enough, it was divine. Quiznos gives Subway some SERIOUS competition. And I am excited because I am playing tennis twice this week so I am thinking after tomorrow's session I might have to make a repeat trip.

No comments: