Wednesday, May 13, 2009

American Idol Queen

Okay so despite my sincere contempt for American Idol I have actually seen more of the show this season than any other... thanks to my AI-loving roommates. I wouldn't say I am a fan of the show, but I am definitely more tuned-in.

Just the other night I was trying to figure out what was so fantastic about Adam Lambert and decided that he had that Freddie Mercury/Queen quality to him (P.S. I'm not the one who thinks he's so fantastic but the rest of America seems to feel that way). I love Queen. LOVE. I usually put them on my list of top 5 favorite musical acts. Senior year of college there was a period of time where I listened to their greatest hits album in excess.

So you can imagine I was excited (and feeling quite satisfied by my proven smarts/foresight) to see this post on an EW blog today, discussing how Lambert should step in as Queen's new lead singer.

Wait a minute. Since when did Queen replace Freddie Mercury? Maybe I am not such a big fan as I thought because I had NO IDEA the band was still kicking around. Strangely enough, I like this idea... I see potential...

No comments: