Monday, August 09, 2010

Now Playing: Mumford & Sons, Arcade Fire, Four Tet & Tennis

I'm a big, big music junkie. Longtime readers of this blog will remember I used to have a sidebar widget showcasing whatever music I was listening to at the moment. I wasn't that great at updating it, but sort of missed having that feature today, especially as there are some killer jams I would love to recommend.

So how about this - I'm just going to tell you about who I'm listening to right now and why you should be too.

Mumford & Sons
Sigh No More
This album has the rare capacity to bring me to tears. It's a sort of folk/rock hybrid - although I believe iTunes labels them as "freak-folk" - but honestly I just think of them as beautiful.
Current Favorite: "After the Storm"



Arcade Fire
The Suburbs
Truth be told, while I have Arcade Fire's older albums, this is the first one I've listened to on repeat and fallen deeply in love with every song.
Current Favorite: "Rococo"



Four Tet
There is Love in You
Sort of indie-electronic-mellow-trance-dance, Four Tet is great music for getting in the zone, or for just zoning out.
Current Favorite: "She Just Likes to Fight"



Tennis
Balitmore - EP
I think you could clump Tennis in the recent batch of California Surf Revival, but I like these guys a lot more than Wavves or Best Coast. This EP is only three songs and definitely leaves you wanting more - but it's totally worth a listen.
Current Favorite: "Marathon"


No comments: