Monday, December 06, 2010

Farewell 'Terriers', Hello 'Lights Out'

As you guys know, I'm a huge fan of the FX show Terriers - so no surprise here that I'm super bummed it was announced today that the show has not been picked up for a second season. Considering its horrible ratings, this isn't much of a shock, and I imagine we should be thankful to have gotten 13 episodes of such a show in the first place, but still, I can't help but be saddened by the news.

However, we are lucky that FX has remained committed to quality programming, and the future only holds more of that. We've got a second season of Justified coming soon, as well as Archer, but more importantly, I'm looking forward to the January premiere of the new show Lights Out. I watched the Lights Out pilot late this summer, and it was fantastic. Holt McCallany is a really captivating presence onscreen and I've been informed that the episodes only get better from the pilot, which means this should be one helluva of a damn good show. Furthermore, this might be one of the best promos ever:





It gives me chills. The music? The editing? I mean shit, this looks damn good!

So, I bid a fond farewell to the greatness that was Terriers, and look forward to the next great show FX will bring us - hopefully Lights Out lives up to that expectation.

No comments: