Thursday, May 10, 2012

Research

I am so glad I have this blog. Seriously. I just went back through old entries and I am so fortunate that I've essentially got a journal of the first three years of my life in Los Angeles. 

Right now I go back through the blog for research, to come up with stories, jokes, etc. I'm sort of trying my hand at the performing/stand-up/storytelling stuff. I've got endless ideas already laid out for me! I can't imagine what I would do if I hadn't been documenting these past few years!

I need to get back into it. Into this. Or into handwriting in an actual diary again or something. Something! Looking back through this I realize how good it is to have this sort of record of life. I recommend it. That thing everyone always says to aspiring writers, that "you need to write every day" -- this is my version.

No comments: