Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I made it!

Real quick because I am still in the hospital... I made it! Surgery was not fun and I was under the knife from 7 am until 2:30 pm, woke up with excruciating pain and tubes coming out of me from all over the place. The jaw is not wired shut, but set in place with rubber bands which means I am drinking through a syringe (but I am still on my IVs too). My face is so swollen I am nearly unrecognizable but my brother swears I already have the signs of what will become a cute button nose.

At the moment I am questioning why I did this because it is an experience I wouldn't wish on my greatest enemy. Hopefully the swelling will go down soon, they will take off a few rubber bands, and I can be comfortable at home in bed.

Thank you everyone for the texts, messages and emails, you be hearing more from me when I am up to it...

No comments: