Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to everyone who only has a birthday every four years...

It's a leap year! Is this something that warrants an exclamation point? I am not sure. But I guess it is exciting. Even more exciting is the fact a recent discovery I had. Actually this isn't exciting at all, it's actually a mix of embarrassing and disgusting...

Earlier today I suddenly realized that if you are born on February 29th you only have your birthday every four years. I am sorry but I think this is MIND BOGGLING! Does anyone else? IT'S INCREDIBLE! How do those people who are born on February 29th celebrate their birthday? If a baby was born 5 years ago today, is it really just one year old? This totally ROCKS MY WORLD! Ja Rule is only eight years old! EIGHT YEARS OLD! HE'S A RAP PRODIGY! (Has he actually done anything recently? And he's pretty old looking for an 8-year-old.)

Anyways, my mind has been blown just thinking about the weirdness that is February 29th. Thank goodness I have Wikipedia to teach me about important things like this as well as the fact that the law professor Boudewijn Sirks has written on papyrology, food distribution in ancient Rome, and Sailing in the Off-Season with Reduced Financial Risk. (It's true, look him up!) The things you can learn these days!

No comments: