Every now and then there comes a Monday where your exhaustion levels are unusually high, where you have to struggle to stay awake at your cubicle (and it's only 11:30 am), where your throat is so sore and you know those vodka shots were the worst idea on Saturday night--but a Monday like that, a Monday like today, is merely the price to pay for a fantastic weekend.
I was having a conversation with a good friend last night in which we discussed some of the perks of living in LA. An incredible benefit we both easily agreed on was that weekends in LA can often feel like tropical vacations. Actually, I pretty much feel like every weekend I am taking time off from work, doing vacation activities, and enjoy life as though I had stepped out of Corona commercial. LA weekends are pretty fantastic. I'm not going to get into all the nitty grittys of my weekend, but I will provide a brief list to include some choice moments.
1. World Cafe on Main St. has the most incredible goat cheese, mushroom, and spinach pizza. Mmmm getting hungry just thinking about it.
2. Love that I can just wake up on a Saturday morning and walk to down to the beach.
3. Three good friends visiting from out of town is a guaranteed great time.
4. Sailing + beer = perfection.
5. Skipping the line at some hot, happening, au moment club feels pretty great.
6. Seeing Brody Jenner at said hot, happening, au moment club is great. He is just as attractive in real life as he is on The Hills.
7. Getting thrown out of said hot, happening, au moment club because one of the visiting friends is too drunk to stand makes the evening even more hilarious.
8. Taking a cab to another club and telling the bouncers that the friend who can't stand up on her own was roofied is a brilliant strategy for getting into places when you clearly shouldn't.
9. A $65 cab ride back home to Santa Monica might blow... but it's worth it for the memories... or lack thereof.
10. Drives to Malibu to sightsee are perfect Sunday hangover activities.
11. Pulling over on PCH so hungover friends can vomit might be a little dangerous but is completely necessary.
12. Pinkberry solves all problems.
13. Sitting on my balcony on a Sunday night and having casual conversations with random passerbys below--great entertainment and a great way to make some new friends.
I want to live in a place where weekends are forever... I am so not cut out for cubicle life...