Thursday, December 04, 2008

A Brief Essay on My Pathetic State

Around 11 pm last night I was waiting for a friend in front of the movie theater (coughTwilightcough) and while I was standing around contemplating why I felt it necessary to wear a winter hat when it was probably around only 60 degrees I silently observed people coming in and out of the theater. I noticed a group of what looked like teens, to be particularly well-dressed, when lo and behold I realized it was Frankie from The Hills (you know, Brody's BFF) and one of the Kardashian sisters (I am thinking Khourtney?). Immediately after I made this observation I asked myself, what is the more pathetic fact in this situation?

(1) That I know the names of these D-list reality stars (and eccentric name spellings)
(2) That I am seeing Twilight AGAIN?

I think the answer would probably be... well it's a tie. Both point to levels of pathetic that are dangerously high. The solution? I need to get myself out of the Hollywood/LA bubble ASAP. Like I've said... it's a good thing I'm going back East for two weeks over Christmas. I think people in New York might actually be a little more sane...

No comments: